Benefits of Soy Candles vs Beeswax
A candle is a basic necessity to illuminate the darkroom or decorate the home décor. Different types of candles in various patterns, made up of different wax are available in the market. You might have heard of some common ones like Soy, Paraffin, Beeswax, etc. Today, we will be discussing the benefits of Soy vs beeswax candles. Let us get started.
Benefits of Soy Candles vs Beeswax Candles
Here are some of the real benefits of burning soy wax candles are:
- Renewable Substance: You can obtain soy wax from soybeans, which is easy to grow. It is a renewable source, which is relatively safe for the environment. You can buy use this substance to create a candle at a reasonable price. There is another plenty of wax, which are comparatively expensive because the supply is quite limited. Soy candles can be used from a renewable, natural, and consistent source.
- Long-Lasting Candles: These candles burn evenly and slowly as compared to paraffin ones. Therefore, it lasts longer than usual. In this way, you will save a lot of money. If you are paying a bit more, then also, it is quite fine. These candles burn longer and hence, stay the same for a long time. The flame of the wax burns low, and it is vital that the scent also lasts longer. Its amount of scent oil and the quality of the candle makes it more long-lasting.
- Clean Burning: When you burn soy wax candles, the flame is relatively clean and clear. It produces less smoke than paraffin ones. If anyone is sensitive to smoke, released by candles, then you must pick this one. In this way, the air will remain clean and safe for every person surrounding nearby. It is relatively safe for elders and children. There is less scope of smoke and damage caused by it to things like walls, furniture, or ceilings.
- Easy Cleaning: The melting point of these candles is relatively low as compared to paraffin. Therefore, the wax becomes soft at low temperatures. It is easy to clean the wax if it gets spilled. You can use a soap with hot water to clean it, instead of harsh chemicals. Most of the candlemakers clean the equipment in the sink with the help of hot running water.
- Adaptable: If you love to make candles, then you can easily use this wax, and soy wax is no exception. It is quite adaptable like paraffin. It is possible to add desired scent and color to the wax. You can make interesting patterns, designs, and shapes as you observe in other candles. It is possible to mix the Soy wax with other types, like Beeswax for exciting blends.
- Vegan: It is a perfect wax type if you are looking for the vegan one. These wax candles are manufactured with 100% non-GMO and natural soy oil. Soybeans are biodegradable, and it is entirely safe for everyone. You can also get the scented ones with organic essential oils in these candles.
- Non-Petroleum: The major concern for many people is that the product they are using must eco-friendly. Soy candles are safe for the environment. Other paraffin candles are manufactured with petroleum. It is made up of non-renewable resources, and it is better not to choose such products. You must reduce using fossil fuels to keep the environment safe.
Check out some of the advantages of beeswax candles:
- Purifying and Cleansing the Air: A beeswax candle is one of the healthy options because when you burn it, negative ions start releasing. These negative ions help in purifying the air, which is relatively healthy and safe. When positive ions are mixed with the negative ones, then it starts getting attracted to each other. It makes all the particles heavy for floating, and then, it drops on the ground. Therefore, it can easily extract pollen and dust from the air.
- Health Benefits: These candles give immense relaxation and calmness when anyone burns it. If you have any respiratory problems, such as asthma, etc., then you must pick these candles. You can ignite beeswax candles for 30-60 minutes in a room to get the fantastic aroma. It helps in clearing the air quality and let you drift easily. If you are struggling with a bad odor, then you should burn this candle to get a unique fragrance within a few minutes.
- Environmentally Friendly: You might be wondering whether Beeswax candles releases smoke when you burn it or not. You must know whether the flame is clear or not. It is not an oil-based wax, and therefore, it is not made up of any chemical or synthetic ingredients. In raw condition, there is no hydrogenation or bleaching of Beeswax. You can enjoy synergy when you light up this wax candle.
- Burns Longer: You can burn these candles brighter for a long time. The melting point is high, and it is carbon neutral. It releases a sweet aroma because it is secreted from floral nectar in the honeycomb. If you compare Soy vs Beeswax candles, then you can get this benefit from both types.
- Hypoallergenic: People having any allergy must stay comfortable when the candle burns in their room. Some people are allergic to it due to the scent, but you can buy the unscented ones. Beeswax candles are available as unscented, and there is no problem of allergies if you use it in your house.
- Dripless and Sootless: When you want to buy candles, you should consider the ones, which do not emit soot and drips. The beeswax can burn for many hours without any drips or soot. It means that there is low maintenance. With time, it can produce some drip to create the white film. You must trim your candle’s wick to get the best results.
The Bottom Line
If you want to buy any of the Soy vs Beeswax candles, then you must go through its benefits very well. After knowing its advantages, you can easily prefer the best one as per your preference and you can make soy or beeswax candles for yourself at yours home.