Best commercial Walk behind Mower for hills Guide
If you are in the landscaping industry, you’d probably know the importance of having a reliable commercial walk-behind mower.
For instance, more than 54 million Americans use mowers each weekend, with over 70 hours of average mowing time every year.
In short, the evolution of walk-behind land mowers that started in 1870 has paved the way for modern machines, making them essential for the commercial landscaping industry.
However, choosing the best commercial walk behind mower for hills can be challenging as you have to consider various aspects to get the best results.
Furthermore, working on ergonomics, landscape management, and accuracy can elevate your mowing experience, which helped me all along as I walked through all the options.
Thankfully, my tests paid off as I found five of the best commercial walk behind mowers that are excellent for commercial as well as residential spaces.
So without further ado, let’s get on with this review.
Our Best Hand Picks Mower For You
Greenworks LMF403 – Best Overall Mower
If you are looking for convenience, performance, and ease of use in a walk-behind mower, Greenworks LMF403 is worth considering. This lawnmower comes with a 40V brushless engine that offers excellent operations for leveled or inclined lawns.
In short, you will have an excellent mowing experience with the LMF403.
The LMF403 comes with an excellent set of features that will help ease your work.
- Battery life – The LMF403 comes with a chargeable 5.0Ah battery that offers a run-time of up to 45 minutes, depending on the operation and grass condition. Couple that with the self-propelled mechanism, and all you have to do is to guide your mower while it takes care of your gardening duties.
- Powerful motor – The durable brushless motor employs rear-wheel-drive transmission (automatic) with a 21-inch cutting deck. I tested this mower on a couple of garden dimensions, and trust me – you will have your job done in no time.
- 3-in1 operation – The 3-in-1 design helps you to toggle between side discharges, compost, or collect the grass clippings as per your preference. And that’s not all! You even have the option of height adjustment, making it convenient for everyone.
Overall, the LMF403 is the best commercial walk behind mower for hills and my top recommendation for every landscaping enthusiast. The ergonomics are great, and the working time is a bang for your money, provided you conduct proper maintenance to the mower.
However, the LMF403’s performance on rough terrains is decent, meaning you might have to put some extra effort to get your job done. Other than that, this lawnmower is a complete performer with the advantage of adding an additional battery pack for extended work time.
- Excellent run-time with the provided battery port
- Easy to start and operate
- Minimum noise output
- Durable brushless motor
- Multiple height adjustment options
- Decent performance on rough terrains
- Removing the battery might take some effort
EGO Power+ LM2102SP – Best Run-Time Mower
The EGO Power+ outshines the competition with its incredible run-time as the mower comes with a 7.5Ah battery pack. In short, you can work with this lawnmower for up to 60 minutes without hindering your mowing experience.
I tested this lawnmower on an acre of land, and the results that I got blew my mind as the EGO Power+ still had juice left even after an hour-long session. That’s one stat to beat!
Ego Power+ features
- Quick charging – Besides offering an extended run-time compared to other mowers, you also get the advantage of fast charging, which will get your mower ready in no time. Additionally, the charging sensor releases only the required power, sustaining the battery life for longer durations.
- Terrain performance – I took this mower over a couple of terrains to monitor its true power. While a leveled ground is a piece of cake for the EGO Power+, its uphill performance is commendable. The self-propelling feature powers this mower over hills and slopes without breaking a sweat, and all you have to do is guide the cutting motion.
- Height adjustment – The EGO Power+ also features a convenient height adjustment feature that allows users to adjust the height as per their requirements. You can set the height from 1.5 to 4 inches, allowing you to get the best results for the grass clippings.
Overall, the EGO Power+ is an excellent walk-behind mower, offering sufficient power and run-time for different terrains. Furthermore, the convenient start button and a soundless operation make the deal sweet, as you can work without disturbing your surroundings.
In short, the EGO Power+ is the best commercial walk behind mower for hills with an excellent working time and convenient operation.
- Quick charging feature
- Excellent battery life
- Easy to use with noiseless operation
- The mulching option for the grass clippings is decent
Worx WG743 – Best Compact Mower
If you are looking for a lawnmower with compact dimensions, look no further than the Worx WG743. It is my personal favorite as it took the least storage space of all the mowers I tested for this review.
But don’t judge by the dimensions, as the WG743 is a capable machine that will cut through the grass without breaking a sweat. I asked some of my family members to try this lawnmower, and everyone returned with praises for this product.
Worx WG743 features
- Torque on demand – Despite sporting a compact dimension, the WG743 comes with adequate power to deal with multiple terrains. It features a patented Intellicut technology that enhances your mowing experience for different grass types to conserve battery.
- Height adjustment – One of the most significant advantages of using this mower is its height adjustment, which runs through 6 cutting heights. This adjustment ensures that you will be ready for any season with different grass-cutting options.
- Indicators – Besides sporting an advanced cutting technology, the WG743 comes with multiple sensors to aid your mowing experience. For instance, you get a battery indicator that reminds you to charge your mower, while there is a full-bag indicator when you overload the collection bag.
Overall, I couldn’t find much to dislike about this lawnmower, making it a worthy purchase for any landscaping enthusiast. However, I did feel the battery capacity could have been more, but judging by the price, I couldn’t ask for more.
Additionally, the presence of a collapsible handle and compact design makes it the best commercial walk behind mower for hills if you consider storage space.
- Multiple indicators
- Compact design with a collapsible handle
- Easy to use
- Battery capacity could have been better
Litheli Lawnmower – Best Lightweight/Advanced Mower
Litheli is a brand that specializes in manufacturing a variety of cordless products, including lawnmowers. Furthermore, the company’s R&D division is one of the best in the industry, creating innovative products for over 16 years.
When I tried the Litheli lawnmower, it looked like a traditional unit, but my interest sparked as I used this amazing product during multiple mowing operations. Trust me! You will never regret owning this product.
Litheli lawnmower features
- Lightweight design – The Litheli mower is one of the lightest mowers I have ever used, weighing just 30 pounds. This lightweight design ensures that you can go around with your work without feeling any strain on your hands. Additionally, the wheel configuration (6” front/7” rear) makes it convenient to mow on different terrains with minimal fuss.
- Reliable motor – The Litheli lawnmower comes with an advanced brushless motor that is more efficient than other traditional mowers. You can expect this product to run smoothly throughout your mowing experience with stable and steady power delivery.
- Multiple working heights – Besides offering a power-efficient performance, the Litheli lawnmower comes with 6 height adjustment settings (0.98” to 2.95”), making it perfect for every condition. Furthermore, you also have an inbuilt collecting bag (11 gals) and mulching capabilities with this mower.
- Safety Key – Since lawnmowers are not ideal for children, having a safety key is always an added advantage. Thankfully, this Litheli mower comes with a well-hidden safety key that prevents accidental starts by kids.
Overall, the Litheli lawnmower is the best commercial walk behind mower for hills if you want a lightweight and safe product. The height adjustment settings coupled with an 11-gal collecting bag will make your mowing experience convenient and efficient.
- Lightweight design with an 11 gal collecting bag
- Height adjustment with a foldable handle
- Dual battery pack with safety key
- The mulching option could have been better
LawnMaster CLM2413A – Best Budget Mower
If you are looking for a budget-friendly lawnmower that offers excellent mowing capabilities without breaking your bank, the LawnMaster CLM2413A is undoubtedly worth considering. I tested various products under the budget category, but nothing comes close to the CLM2413A.
This lawnmower is an amalgam of convenience and efficiency with multiple cutting positions backed by a powerful engine and lightweight design.
LawnMaster CLM2413A features
- Powerful engine – When I tried this lawnmower, the first thing that struck me was its incredible power (3700 RPM) that runs through the different torque ranges to give you adequate power for inclined terrains. In short, you will have no issues with this lawnmower as the powerful engine takes care of everything.
- Lightweight design – At 23.15 pounds, the CLM2413A is one of the lightest lawnmowers you can get, which translates to an effortless mowing experience. Furthermore, the 5.5-inch wheels offer adequate stability to the unit and also enhance its maneuverability.
- Multiple cutting positions – Besides offering a lightweight design, the CLM2413A comes with 5 cutting positions that allow you to cut at different heights (1 to 2.5 inches). This adjustment ensures that you can use the CLM2413A on different terrains with minimal fuss.
However, I wished that the company had added more battery life as you may run out of juice, especially working on larger areas. However, the price bracket explains the cost-cutting measures, and I couldn’t complain more about the battery life.
Overall, the CLM2413A is the best commercial walk behind mower for hills in the budget category and a must-have for budget-oriented buyers.
- Powerful engine
- It comes with multiple cutting positions
- Lightweight design
- Battery life could have been better
Also Read: The Best Mini Tillers For Your Garden
Buying Guide: Best Commercial Walk Behind Mower For Hills
Here are the things you need to consider when purchasing a commercial walk behind mower for hills.
Battery life is crucial for a convenient and efficient mowing operation as it allows you to work for longer durations. While most of the products mentioned above offer adequate battery life, I would recommend the EGO Power+ due to its excellent working time.
You can use this lawnmower for a one-hour mowing operation without halting your work. Furthermore, you also get fast-charging support with this product, which enhances the overall experience.
Safety is a huge concern for everyone, especially when you work on inclined terrain. For instance, there are multiple reports of injuries while operating a lawnmower, so having a safe unit will undoubtedly help.
The Litheli Lawnmower comes with an excellent safety feature that prevents accidental starts. Furthermore, the safety key is well-hidden, making it inaccessible for children.
Weight is a crucial factor while mowing, especially when you work on inclined terrain. Although operating a heavy lawnmower is not entirely impossible, a lightweight unit will offer greater maneuverability and stability.
The Litheli Lawnmower is a perfect example as it combines advanced engineering with a lightweight design. You can maneuver this mower in any environment without exhausting your arm strength.
Deck size determines the work intensity, which means it is one of the crucial things to consider when choosing a lawnmower. In short, a larger deck size will require fewer efforts and a shorter time.
The Greenworks LMF403 is an outright champ in this department as its 21-inch cutting deck is the best in class. I had no issues while using this mower as it rips through the grass without breaking a sweat.
Lawnmowers come in different price points, so picking one depends entirely on the owner. However, if you are looking for a budget-friendly option, the LawnMaster CLM2413A is undoubtedly the best choice.
Can you use lawnmowers on wet grass?
Although lawnmowers can operate on wet grass, it would be best to avoid them. Damp or wet grass can cause tripping hazards, which can be dangerous, especially on inclined terrain.
Can you use Lawnmowers on a continuous cycle?
Once you drain your lawnmower’s battery, you can remove the battery and charge it. After your charging cycle is over, you can continue with your work.
Should I guide a lawnmower while working?
Although many lawnmowers come with automatic operations, it would be best to guide your unit while mowing to get the best results. Furthermore, read the user manual carefully and work within specified limits mentioned by the manufacturer.
Before giving my final verdict, here are 5 things you should keep in mind while using a mower on inclined terrain.
- Keep your mowing cycle sideways instead of up and down for better results.
- Read the instruction manual carefully before proceeding.
- Ensure that you check the battery levels and safety measures before working.
- Look out for holes, rocks, or other hidden objects while mowing.
- Avoid damp or wet grass.
Lawnmowers can make your work effortless and are a perfect way of tackling grass, especially on inclined terrain. These machines make you productive by reducing the time and effort to create your dream landscape.
Meanwhile, the Greenworks LMF403 would be my top recommendation as it offers the best performance and convenience on hilly terrain. The 21-inch cutting deck can rip through any grass, and the 3-in-1 design makes it convenient for every landscaping enthusiast.
Nevertheless, my best advice would be to examine your environment, which will help you decide which mower will suit your purpose.